Tuesday 27 December 2022

Whimsical

Yes, I can scathe my body in the flames, 

The bandages will shortly fall away; 

All their money is to buy my happiness, 

When I am driving on their fools’ errand. 

 

Yes, I am looking patiently for a law, 

To fastidiously heed, can you paint 

As well as Picasso, there’s a footbridge, 

Out there, a beautiful bridge on a stream. 

  

Yes, as a boy I was a fisherman, 

On the back of a ferry with dough lures. 

Fox News says that spores falling from the sky, 

Are landing on the leaves from a U.F.O. 

 

Was from a movie I watched long ago, 

And I’ll sleep now: four stanzas are enough, 

To devout to such a poem besides I 

Have to consider form if I want to 

 

Be a Poet.  Now then it’s 4:01 

In the morning, I will go sleep or else, 

I would miss my doctors’ appointment-- 

If I’m late he’ll plug me to a socket. 


__________

Copyright 2022 Jeffrey Merk

No comments:

Post a Comment