Sunday 24 March 2013

Haunting Melody

She sat at her piano singing
Through the evening hours
In our mansion by the sea
Surrounded by the flowers
  Every window opened wide
  Flame-light burning deep inside
This leaped from her to pierce me -
  She sang a haunting melody!

And as she sang I saw her eyes
Intermixed with dark and bright
Whose marriage brought soft sighs
And sweetness to the night
  And as I looked I met her gaze
  And saw her eyes become ablaze
Our world was changed so blessedly -
  She sang a haunting melody!

Solo

She sang, “The shadow is upon me!
It’s hand grips me at my naked breast;
For I suffer deeply to be free,
While my soul requires simple rest.”
  And through the power of her voice
  My soul was left without a choice
Her magic tune that set me free -
  She sang a haunting melody!

No comments:

Post a Comment